Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Strawberries and Carbonara

One of the little things Jorg makes the interns do is make lunch. I decided to make pasta carbonara since it's easy and fast to make and one of the few things I can make without much assistance/without a recipe. I was satisfied with the results because people ate it and didn't complain.

Besides making and eating lunch, I got to help sort and dip strawberries for an order of 100 dozen (1200) chocolate dipped strawberries. You don't want the strawberries that are too small because people get sad when they get small strawberries (who wants small chocolate dipped strawberries?) and you don't want rotten or weird or unripe strawberries either. I started dipping strawberries in white chocolate and one of the other interns dipped strawberries into dark chocolate. I got to taste one, and it was really good.

I couldn't stay as long as I wanted to today because of the CBI races (not that much wind = not that much fun in Mercs). Though if I stayed, I would have probably just done more strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment